Whether you have been affected by medical malpractice, or you are assisting a loved one, Your Idaho Falls Lawyer at Pendlebury Law will to help you in this frustrating time. We handle all forms of medical negligence cases, and are ready to help you.
Types of Medical Malpractice:
- Misdiagnosis: Late or misdiagnosed errors are a major malpractice subject. As a result of misdiagnosis, patients could receive the wrong treatment or if they do receive the correct treatment, it might not be soon enough. If a reasonably competent doctor wouldn’t have made this mistake in the same situation the doctor may be liable for malpractice.
- Childbirth Injuries: Many problems during pregnancy and birth are natural and some cannot be reversed. However many childbirth injuries are treatable, examples of negligent prenatal care include failing to diagnose a medical condition of the mother, failing to identify birth defect, failing to identify ectopic pregnancies and more.
- Surgery Errors: Surgeons can make negligent errors in the ER like operating on the wrong part of the body, leaving surgical tools inside the body or puncturing an organ or blood vessel. These errors not only leave the patient in pain, but can also lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Anesthesia Errors: This error usually involve the anesthesiologist giving too much anesthesia or failing to recognize complications or allergies indicated in the patient’s medical history. This is not a very common error.
- Medication errors: Medication errors are one of the most common medical malpractice errors made here in Idaho Falls. A doctor might prescribe the wrong medication and this could result in harmful side effects, or they may have a mix up, and give patients someone else’s prescription. The largest medical malpractice error that surfaces in Idaho Falls however comes from administering an improper dosage of medicine to a patient.
There will always be some risk associated with medical procedures, but there is no excuse for medical malpractice when it results in temporary or permanent damage. Don’t let you or a loved one suffer from the negligence or carelessness of a professional without compensation.
We know that Idaho medical malpractice litigation can be quite complex and difficult to work with, let us help you as you navigate your way to get the settlement. Your Idaho Falls malpractice lawyer, Pendlebury law, will do what it takes to ensure that you or your loved one is compensated.