Have you or a family member been injured in a car accident near Idaho Falls? You may be entitled to short and/or long term compensation. Medical bills can pile up, wages can be lost. At Pendlebury Law, your Idaho Falls Personal Injury Lawyer, we’ll help you get the legal help you need after your automobile accident. We can give you the peace of mind that come in knowing the details of your auto accident are being taken care of.
The aftermath of a personal injury accident is already overwhelming. You shouldn’t have to worry about dealing with insurance companies as well. Your insurance should be accountable for taking care of you and your family after an accident, but often this is not the case. That’s where your Idaho Falls auto accident lawyer comes in, to stand up to these insurance companies and fight for what you need and deserve. We’ll work with your insurance provider to get the immediate help you need and contact the other driver’s insurance to address any long term compensation.
What To Do After A Car Accident
- STOP – Remain where you are, do not drive away. Even if it is a small accident, if you drive away this can be considered a hit and run.
- Check to see if anyone is hurt; check both your car and the other car’s occupants involved if you are able.
- Call the police - even if there are no injuries, call the police. The police report can help in filing a claim.
- Protect the scene – Warn oncoming drivers of the car accident by turning your hazards lights on and if you have them use road flares.
- Make a record – take pictures of visible damage to you and the vehicles. Try not to guess or speculate when answering questions from the police. Look for witnesses that may have seen what happened. Never admit guilt.
- Exchange information - the police will usually collect your information, but it is a good idea to get telephones numbers, names and addresses of everyone involved. Also take note of the make, model, and color of any vehicles involved in the auto accident.
- Call your insurance company - let your insurance company know about your auto accident as soon as possible. They will let you know what else you should do.
- Seek medical attention - even if you don’t think you were injured enough to go to the doctor, you should still go. You may have been injured in a way you cannot tell.
- File your reports – Keep all of your accident reports and documents together in a folder or somewhere where they will not be lost.
- Contact your Idaho falls auto accident lawyer, Pendlebury Law. Let us know what happened and we’ll give you some options that will give you the best outcomes.
Each legal matter will be taken seriously and provided with the a high level of service and confidentiality.
Call (208) 528-7666 Now
For a free consultation on how we can help you.